Here are some simple acts that can help you cultivate a happier and healthier life:
- Happiness is a choice we make. Choose to live each day happily.
- Maintain the feelings of beauty, grace, happiness and health. Send out thoughts of love and peace to yourself, others, and the universe.
- At least once a week, pamper yourself with scrub, followed by soaking in warm bath water, and rinse off in a cool shower.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- ‘You are what you eat.’ Cook simple healthy meals whenever time permits. Or participate in some aspects of food preparation, including gardening, shopping, food preparation, cooking, or even washing the dishes.
- Buy organically grown food.
- Keep your home clean and in good order.
- Avoid chemically perfumed and petroleum based cosmetics.
- Use natural tooth powder or sea salt for good care of the teeth and gum.
- Reduce the use of plastic and carry your own water bottle.
- Sing a happy song or chant (or dance!) everyday.
- Spend some time sitting in silence for at least 5 minutes a day. If thoughts or emotions arise, simply observe them as they come and go.
- Mail a beautiful card to at least one friend per month.
- Say “Thank You” more often.
- Walk barefoot on grass whenever possible.
(This list will keep growing, and we would be happy to hear some more ideas from you!)